440g can of unsweetened pineapple pieces
2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon grated ginger
500 g beef
1 green capsicum
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
10 wooden or steel skewers
Chopping board and knife
Grill or BBQ
1. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least an hour.
2. Drain the pineapple pieces and save the juice.
3. In a bowl, mix together 1/3 cup pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
4. Trim off any fat you can see on the meat.
5. Cut the meat into cubes. Put meat in a bowl.
6. Pour the juice mixture over the meat. If you have time allow to stand for 1/2 to 1 hour.
7. Chop the capsicum and onion into cubes. Cut the mushrooms in half.
8. Thread the kebab sticks. First a piece of meat, then pineapple, capsicum, onion, cherry tomato etc.
9. Grill or BBQ kebabs for 8-10 minutes. Turn kebabs over once or twice until cooked.
Share this article