- 1 pound(s) ground chicken breasts
- 1 medium carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with garlic press
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed
- Sliced cucumber, lettuce leaves, and green onion (optional)
- Prepare Basic Burgers: In medium bowl, with hand, mix ground chicken, carrot, green onions, and garlic until evenly combined.
- On waxed paper, shape chicken mixture into four 3 1/2-inch round patties (mixture will be very soft and moist).
- Place patties on grill over medium heat and cook about 12 minutes or until juices run clear when center of burger is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. (If you have a grill with widely spaced grates, you may want to place burgers on a perforated grill topper to keep them intact.)
- Place burgers on warmed buns. Serve with cucumber slices, lettuce leaves, and green onions if you like.
Each serving: About 275 calories, 30 g protein, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g total fat (1 g saturated), 2 g fiber, 72 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium.
Share this article