Imam al-Jawad's (a.s.) Sayings and Words of Advice
- :M. Dungersi Ph.D
The Imam (A.S.) is reported to have said:
1. The trust in Allah is like the value of everything that is precious, and it is also a ladder to every high and sublime goal. 2. A person who follows his desire ends up yielding to his enemies.
3. Do not act like a friend of Allah in public but His enemy in private.
4. Who ever had found a helper in Allah, has found a Mansion in Paradise
5. Imam Muhammad Taqi (A.S.) reports from Imam Ali (A.S.) who said, "When the Prophet (S.A.W.W.) sent me to Yemen he said, O Ali, any one who expects goodness from Allah is never disappointed and any one who asks His guidance has no cause to regret."
6. Imam Muhammad Taqi (A.S.) reports Imam Ali (A.S.) to have said, "Rise up early in the morning for the pleasure of Allah as Allah bestows a blessing on those who rise early."
7. Sheikh Sudduq reports in his "Itiqadatul Imaniyyah" that Imam Muhammad Taqi (A.S.) was asked as to why some Muslims dislike death. The Imam (A.S.) replied "They are ignorant of it and therefore they dislike it. If they possessed knowledge of it and were true friends of Allah they would love it and would surely know that the other world is better for them than this.
"The Imam (A.S.) added, "O Slave of Allah! Why does the child or the mad man refuses to take the medicine which cleanses his body and removes his pain?
I swear by him who sent Muhammad (S.A.W.W.) as the Prophet of truth, those who prepare themselves for death as they are required, they will find death a better cure than medicine.
If only they knew what a blessing death would be to them. Then they would call out for it and desire medicine more than the wise and resolute man who desires it so as to use it to cure their illness and recover their health."
8. Imam Taqi (A.S.) also is reported to have advised his followers to be good to the creation of Allah. He also said that, he who does not act with concern and compassion for others will find himself deprived of care and compassion from others.
Such a person will also find himself a target of intense calamities. The Imam (A.S.) added that any person who stops being good to others will soon face severe trouble.
9. Warning his followers not to be oppressors, the Imam (A.S.) said that on the Day of Judgement oppressors will be in a worse position than those whom they oppressed in this world.
Adapted from the book: "Biography Of Imam Muhammad Bin Ali (A.S.) - Al-Taqi" by: "M. Dungersi Ph.D"
Share this article