Herbal Treatments to Relieve Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease became well known in 1906 when German physician Alois Alzheimer became dismayed over one of his patient’s behavior. She had come to him in 1901 for treatment. She was a 51 year old woman who had become very confused. She developed problems with speaking and understanding what was being said to her. He worked hard to try to help her, however all of his efforts failed. Her symptoms worsened, and she passed away. He had so many unanswered questions that he requested permission from her family to do an autopsy. The autopsy revealed many things. He was shocked to see that her brain had drastically shrunk. Under the microscope, he saw wide-spread fatty deposits in small blood vessels and from his finding we learn the seriousness of this disease. Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a brain disorder that is progressive and fatal.
There are about 5.3 million in America who live with it. The most common sign is memory loss. However, there are many other warning signs that are also signals, such as:
1. inability to complete daily tasks
2. changing mood swings
3. depression, suspicion
4. fear, anxiousness
5. inability to judge distance
6. problems determining color
7. withdrawing from social activities
Alzheimer’s disease leads to nerve cell death and tissue loss. Overtime, the brain shrinks, and this affects nearly all of its functions. Your brain weighs only three pounds, and there are three parts cerebellum, cerebrum, and the brain stem. Your brain is nourished by a network of blood vessels.
During each and every heart beat, arteries carry about 20 to 25 percent of your blood to your brain. When you are thinking hard your brain may use up to 50% of oxygen and fuel. Plaque buildup on artery walls can cause high blood pressure, possibly stroke or heart attack; it can also lead to Alzheimer’s. When a person has Alzheimer’s their immune systems are out of control and attack their own brain cells. This is a very extensive and complicated disease. However, Allah, the Most High, has created a cure for all illnesses save the end of life–-death.
What is needed to prevent this illness, is the knowledge of what causes it exactly. Here are a few things that can cause Alzheimer’s disease:
1. Aluminum- it poisons the blood. It enters our blood through pots and pans, aluminum foil, aluminum soda cans, deodorant, lotion and processed foods, and it does terrible damage to the immune system. Aluminum damages the nervous system in both adults and infants. Scientists know that aluminum wreaks havoc in the body and should be avoided.
2. Aspartame- a poison that is sometimes used as a sugar substitute in diet food and drink. It is very damaging to the nervous system.
3. Prescription medications -(in excess) they destroy your immune system; read the fine print to see the side effects.
4. Head injuries/ chronic infections
5. Environmental toxins – poisons are airborne, water is contaminated, crops are sprayed with pesticides and immunization shots contain chemicals that are lethal.
Allah knows best why, and exactly how a person contracts this illness. There is a hadith that states: “How wonderful the case of a Believer; there is good for him in everything and this is not the case with anyone except a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him.”
Here are a few remedies that have been in use:
1. Ginkgo biloba -- increases blood circulation, enhances memory and delays onset of AD
2. Club Moss (huperzine) -- improves memory and has no side effects
3. Water Hyssop (bacopa monnieri) -- enhances nerve impulse transmission and strengthens memory
4. Leech therapy -- has been used for centuries in anti-aging, MS, Alzheimer’s and poor blood circulation
5. Blessed Thistle -- strengthens memory, takes oxygen to the brain and helps circulation; also high in Vitamin A
6. Fenugreek -- prevents fatty deposits, kills infection, reduces inflammation
7. Turmeric -- antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti viral, anti fungal, invigorates the blood
Here is a list of herbs and foods that are also helpful; blueberries (high in vitamin E), rosemary, willow, dandelions, almonds, sage, stinging nettle, Brazil nuts, walnuts, and gotu cola. Exercising the brain is very important for mental health. If you do not use your brain you lose mental abilities. Read challenging books; Holy Quran is the best book.
Alzheimer’s is a very debilitating disease. It steals the personalities of people. Everyone involved with an Alzheimer’s patient needs support.
Share this article