Healthy Makeover: Turkey Burgers
- .5 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 green onions, green and white parts separated and thinly sliced
- .5 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1.5 ounce(s) feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup yogurt, white parts of green onions, and half of the chopped mint.
- In large bowl, with hands, combine turkey, feta, coriander, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, green parts of green onions, remaining mint, and remaining yogurt. Mix well, then form into 3 1/2-inch-round patties (each 3/4 inch thick).
- Place turkey patties on hot grill grate; cover and cook 12 to 13 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning once. (Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.) During last 2 minutes of cooking, add pitas to grill. Cook 2 minutes or until warmed, turning once.
- Open pitas. Divide burgers, tomato slices, and yogurt sauce among pitas.
Share this article