Black Bean Burgers
- 1/4cup(s) dried bread crumbs
- 1/4teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 3 cup(s) cooked black beans, or 2 cans (15 ounces each) low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 2 large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 4 green-leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 slice(s) ripe tomato
- In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse bread crumbs, cumin, coriander, two-thirds of beans, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until well blended. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in celery and remaining whole beans until well combined. Divide into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- Lightly coat 12-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat on medium 1 minute, then add patties. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned on both sides, carefully turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine chipotle chile and remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise until well mixed. Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom of each bun; top with patty, then tomato slice. Divide chipotle mayonnaise among burgers and replace tops of buns to serve.
Share this article