Green Pea Soup with Radishes
- 3 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 4 stalk(s) celery, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium (6 to 8 ounces each) onions, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 large leeks, white parts only, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, well rinsed
- 1 quart(s) lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 quart(s) water
- 2 pound(s) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 red radishes, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- In 7- to 8-quart saucepot, melt margarine on medium-high. Add celery, onions, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and water. Cover; heat to boiling. Partially cover; reduce heat to simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add peas and tarragon; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until peas are heated through. Remove from heat. In batches, puree in blender until very smooth. Soup can be refrigerated in airtight containers overnight. Return soup to saucepot; stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Reheat on low.
- Divide among serving bowls; garnish with radishes and sour cream.
Share this article