Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar, packed or 2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In mixing bowl cream shortening,butter,and sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla until blended.
4. Set aside.
5. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
6. Withholding coconut until all other ingredients are blended.
7. Add coconut.
8. Combine wet and dry ingredients until moist.
9. Drop on greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
10. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Remove from oven immedietly- if overcooked cookies get HARD.
Share this article