Chocolate Cowboy Cookies
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
2. Blend together margarine (or shortening) and sugars.
3. Add egg & beat until light & fluffy then stir in vanilla.
4. Combine with dry ingredients & mix well.
5. Add remaining ingredients& mix well.
6. Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 12 minutes.
7. Allow a few minutes longer if you prefer crisp cookies.
Share this article