Chicken Apple Burgers
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored
- .5 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- .25 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- .25 cup(s) (about 1/2 stalk) finely chopped celery
- 4 hamburger buns
- .5 cup(s) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- From each apple, cut 6 thin slices crosswise from center (for a total of 12 apple rings). From remainder, coarsely shred 3/4 cup apples. Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick cooking spray; heat pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- In medium bowl, stir shredded apple with poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper until blended. Mix in chicken and celery just until combined, but do not overmix. Shape chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick burgers, handling mixture as little as possible.
- Place burgers in grill pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes or just until chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Serve burgers on buns with apple rings and cranberry sauce.
Share this article