- Take the right leg out to the side as you bend the left knee, turning the body to the left in a runner's lunge. Touch the right fingers to the floor, if you can.
- Quickly jump up to shift the feet in the air and lunge to the right side, touching the left hand to the floor.
- Continue alternating sides for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Side to Side Jumping Lunges
If you want a great whole body exercise that gets your heart rate up, side to side lunges will do the trick. You can do this move with a jump to add more intensity, but doing it without the jump will also work. Keep your abs engaged to protect your back and, if you feel any back pain, avoid touching the floor. If you've never tried this move, take your time and ease into it with slow reps. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
Share this article
- Prev: Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Toe Taps with Jumps
- Next: Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Prisoner Squat Jumps