Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Prisoner Squat Jumps
Though similar to squat jumps, prisoner squat jumps focus more attention on the core, making this a great overall cardio exercise. By placing the hands behind the head and leaning the torso forward, you engage the abs and the back, which challenges the core. This is an advanced exercise that is high impact, so protect your joints by landing with soft knees. If the impact is too much, you can do the move without jumping. If you've never tried this move, take your time and ease into it with small jumps. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
- Begin with feet wide and the hands behind the head.
- Squat as low as you can, taking the torso slightly forward without rounding the back.
- Jump up as high as you can, keeping the hands behind the head.
- Land with soft knees and repeat for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
Share this article