- Stand in front of a step and jump up onto the step with both feet.
- Jump back down to the floor (or step down to the floor if jumping feels unsafe or uncomfortable).
- Do a jumping jack on the floor and, after you jump the feet back together, jump back onto the step.
- Continue for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
- To modify, do jumping jacks on the floor or use a lower step.
Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Jumping Jacks to the Step
Jumping jacks are great, but adding a step is a great way to add intensity and spice things up. This move is high impact, so protect your joints by landing with soft knees. You may want to start with the step at it's lowest position if you're trying this move for the first time. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
Share this article