- Begin with feet about hip-distance apart.
- Squat as low as you can, keeping the knees behind the toes.
- Jump up as high as you can, taking the arms overhead.
- Land with soft knees back into your squat and repeat for 30-60 seconds.
- Add this move at the end of your regular cardio workout for an added boost, or do it a few times during your workout whenever you want to add intensity or mix things up.
Cardio Exercises for Home Workouts - Squat Jumps
Squat jumps are a great way to add intensity to your workouts and really raise the heart rate. This is an advanced exercise that is high impact, so protect your joints by landing with soft knees. If the impact is too much, you can do the move without jumping. If you've never tried this move, take your time and ease into it with small jumps. If you feel discomfort or pain, avoid this exercise.
Share this article