Almond Macaroon Fingers
- 1 can(s) (7- to 8-ounce) almond paste
- 1/2cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 ounce(s) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, process almond paste and sugar until combined (a few small lumps will remain). Add whites and vanilla; pulse until well combined.
- Spoon batter into decorating bag fitted with 1/2-inch star tip. Pipe batter into 3-inch-long fingers, 1 inch apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake macaroons, on 2 oven racks, 17 to 19 minutes, rotating sheets between racks halfway through baking, until cookiesstart to turn golden brown on edges. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks. Repeat.
- In microwave-safe cup, heat chocolate in microwave oven on High 1 minute or until soft and shiny. Remove; stir until smooth. With pastry brush, brush chocolate on half of each macaroon; let dry. If necessary, place in refrigerator 5 minutes to set chocolate. Peel cookies from parchment; store tightly covered at room temperature, with waxed paper between layers, up to 3 days or in freezer up to 1 month.
One serving = 1 cookie
Share this article