Ali the first in many fields
- :Yousuf N. Lalljee
Ali was the possessor of unique virtues and was the first and foremost person in a number of things. He had no match in the following attributes, to mention only a few : 1. He was of noblest birth for both his father and mother were Hashimites.
2. He was the only person to be born in the Kaaba (the house of God).
3. He was the only Divinely authorised witness and Attestor that Prophet Muhammad is the Messenger of God. (Sura Raad Verse 43, Sura Hood Verse 17 and Sura Saha Verse 6.).
4. He was the first to offer prayers after the Holy Prophet.
5. He was the only one to offer his assistance to the Holy Prophet at the gathering of Dawat-e-Asheera.
6. Ali was the only one (except the Holy Prophet) whom God inspired with Divine Secrets.
7. He was the first to compile and codify the Quran.
8. He had the distinction of being styled as "Brother" by the Prophet on both the occasions of "before Hijrat" at Mecca and after Hijrat at Medina.
9. Ali was the only one named by the Holy Prophet to bathe his body after his death.
10. He was the only warrior to stick to his post on the battlefield in all battles and who never once turned his back.
11. It was he who was appointed Commander in all the battles in which the Holy Prophet did not participate personally and was the Standard Bearer when the Prophet participated.
12. He was the great warrior who succeeded in killing all adversaries who fought against him.
13. It was Ali who caught and conquered pagan 'Jinns' many of whom accepted Islam.
14. The honour of the propagation of the Quranic Sura "Al-Baraat" (the Immunity) fell to Ali's lot, the Prophet saying that either he himself or Ali could do it and no one else, thereby raising him Supreme above all others.
15. It was he on whom the Holy Prophet bestowed the title "a Second Aaron,"
16.The privilege of removing the symbols of Arab paganism from the Kaaba, (after the conquest of Mecca) was also reserved for Ali.
17. Ali had the good fortune to have the sublimest woman of the world Fatima as his wife and a unique father-in-law like the Prophet and sons like Hasan and Husain.
18. Ali had the honour of being nominated by the Holy Prophet as his Successor, Testator and Vicegerent.
19.Ali was also honoured by being styled "Moula" (Master) of the "Ummah" (nation) by the Holy Prophet, by the mandate of God.
20. Ali is the one who (long before the creation of the universe ) came into being along with the Holy Prophet each of them being a fragment of the same 'Noor', (Light). Muhammad having the Prophet-hood and Ali having the Wilayath' (Authority).
21. Ali while in the stage of 'Noor' has been the Divine Professor who imparted knowledge to Gabriel and other angels - hence known as the Teacher of Gabriel.
22. Ali is the only one who continues in himself the attributes of all the Prophets put together.
23. Ali is the Head of all the Spiritual Lines of the Ahle-Tariqat and Sufis.
24. Ali is the replica of the Holy Prophet and is to him what the head is to a body.
25. The Prophet and Ali alone could come to the Mosque when under the obligation of a bath.
26. Ali's door, like that of the Prophet, that opened in the Mosque was retained while the doors of all others were closed under a Divine Mandate.
27. Ali is the one who was ordained to assist all Messengers of God from Adam to Jesus, hiddenly and to come out openly to assist the Holy Prophet.
28. Ali is the sole one Divinely designated as the Hand of God, Face of God, Eye of God, Ear of God, Tongue of God and Symbol of God.
29. He is the only one, acknowledgment of whose Wilayath' (authority) along with the Prophethood of Muhammad is the basic requisite for the Prophethood of any Messenger of God.
30. Like the Holy Prophet, Ali was bestowed upon with miracles, such as on two occasions he made the sun come back from the west when it had already set.
31. Besides the Holy Pi ophet, Ali is the only one, departure of whose soul depends on his own will.
32. He is the distributor of Kausar and will allot Heaven or Hell as deserved.
Adapted from: "Ali, the Magnificent" by: "Yousuf N. Lalljee"
Share this article