Walnut Garlic Rice
2 cups cooked long grain rice (leftovers will do)
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 big onion, finely chopped
8 dried garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1. Heat oil in an open heavy base non sticking skillet or pan.
2. Add bay leaves, onions, garlic and saute till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add walnuts, salt, black pepper powder and saute for a minute or so.
4. Add vinegar, soy sauce and stir well.
5. Add rice and toss gently to get an even coating.
6. Serve warm!
Share this article