Walking Between the Hills of Safa & Marwah (Sa'y)
- :Al-Balagh Foundation
1. After performing the prayer of circumambulation, one should complete Say between Safa and Marwah.
2. Sa' y consists of going from the hill of Safa to Marwah and vice versa.
3. It is obligatory to make Sa y seven times. Note here that going from Safa to Marwah, is considered as one time and going from Marwah to Safa, as another.
4. While performing Say, one is free to do it either on foot or riding though the first is better.
5. It is recommended but not obligatory to have ablution while performing Sa'y.
6. It is permitted to sit for a rest either on the route of Safa or Marwah or on the way between them.
7. It is recommended but not obligatory to perform Sa'y immediately after circumambulation; in other words, one can delay it until night with or without any excuse. However, it is not permitted to delay it for the next day without an excuse like sickness.
8. Sa'y is a form of worship and should be performed with the pure intention of obeying Allah's Command and seeking His nearness.
Adapted from the Book: "The Hajj as Worship and Education" by: "Al-Balagh Foundation"
Share this article