Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup(s) frozen lima beans
- 6 cup(s) Homemade Turkey Broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1.5 cup(s) fresh corn kernels
- 2 cup(s) (1/2-inch chunks) skinless leftover cooked turkey
- .5 cup(s) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt margarine on medium. Add onion and cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in carrots, celery, beans, broth, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir rice and corn into soup; heat to boiling. Stir in turkey and heat through. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in parsley. Makes about 12 cups.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate turkey broth overnight. Spoon off and discard fat. Refrigerate broth up to 3 days, or freeze in 1-quart portions to use up within 6 months.
Share this article