Tukkuk (Rice cake Soup)
6 cups sliced rice cakes
300g beef (for stock)
10 cups (2.5 litres) water
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon Dashida (Korean soup stock)
½ teaspoon sesame oil
4 green onions (shred only green part)
1 sheet seaweed
Preparation method :
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Place the sliced rice cakes in a bowl and cover with cold water until the beef stock is ready.
2. Put the beef in a large pot with 6 cups (1.5 litres) of water and garlic. Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.
3. Mix the egg with a pinch of salt, pan fry thinly and let it cool. Julienne the egg. Shred the seaweed and the green part of the green onion.
4. Remove the beef out the soup. Julienne the beef and mix with a pinch of salt and black pepper. In another medium size pot, boil 4 cups water and cook the sliced rice cake for 10 minutes and drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water and add 2-3 drops sesame oil so the cakes do not stick together.
5. Heat the beef broth over medium heat, add the cooked rice cakes and season with Dashida. Cook for only 5 minutes. Put in a serving bowl and garnish with egg , shredded seaweed, green onions and seasoned beef.
Share this article