Triceps Exercises - One-Arm Incline Triceps Extensions
Triceps extensions are a great way to target the triceps, and this variation adds intensity and challenge. First, by doing extensions one arm at a time, you allow each arm to work independently from the other, building strength and endurance on each side of the body. Second, by lying at an incline, you change the angle of the movement, forcing your arm to work harder against gravity. The ball adds a balance challenge as well.
- Lie with your left side on the ball, lower leg down on the floor for balance and the right leg extended.
- Hold a light-medium weight in the right hand and extend the arm straight up toward the ceiling.
- Keeping the move slow and controlled, bend the elbow and lower the weight behind the head until the elbow is at 90 degrees.
- Squeeze the triceps to straighten the arm, without locking the elbow.
- Repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps on each side.
Share this article