- 1/2 cup(s) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brwon sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound(s) strawberries, hulled into quarters
- 1 cup(s) blackberries
- 1 cup(s) blueberries
- 1 cup(s) raspberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 4 ounce(s) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup(s) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh lime peel
- Prepare Shortcakes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place oats in blender and blend until finely ground.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, combine ground oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended. Break up lumps of brown sugar with fingers if necessary.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix buttermilk, oil, and egg until well blended. Add buttermilk mixture to oat mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon dough by 1/4 cups onto prepared cookie sheet, 3 inches apart, making 8 mounds. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm when pressed. Transfer Shortcakes to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare Berries: In medium bowl, combine berries, granulated sugar, and lime juice. Makes 6 cups. Set Berries aside.
- Prepare Filling: In another medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 cup yogurt. With rubber spatula, gently fold in lime peel and remaining yogurt.
- To serve, split Shortcakes in half. Place bottom half of a Shortcake on each of 8 dessert plates. Top with Filling and Berries; replace Shortcake tops.
Share this article