Summer Plum Tart
Serves: 12 Edit
Total Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 Crumb Crust recipe
- 1/2cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 pound(s) (about 6 medium) ripe purple or red plums, unpeeled, each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 (about 1/3 cup) gingersnap cookies, coarsely crumbled
- Prepare and bake Crumb Crust as recipe directs for 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom using gingersnap cookies; cool.
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir sugar, cornstarch, salt, and 1/3 cup cold water until blended. Add plum wedges, stirring to coat evenly.
- Heat plum mixture to boiling over medium-high heat; boil 2 minutes, stirring. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Spoon hot plum mixture into cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours. Sprinkle with crumbled gingersnap cookies just before serving.
Share this article