Summer Fruit in Spiced Syrup
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 7 min
- 3/4cup(s) water
- 1/2cup(s) sugar
- 3 (whole cloves) .
- 1 (3 inches) cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 strip(s) (3-inch by 3/4-inch) fresh lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 6 cup(s) fresh fruit, such as sliced nectarines, plums, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- In 1-quart saucepan, combine water, sugar, spices, and lemon peel; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool syrup to room temperature.
- In large bowl, combine fruits and syrup. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Share this article