Stuffed Fresh Figs
- 19 small (about 1 1/4 pounds) fresh ripe figs
- .25 cup(s) honey
- .5 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- .25 cup(s) natural almonds, toasted and chopped
- On plate, with fork, mash the ripest fig with honey; set aside.
- With sharp knife, trim stems from remaining figs, then cut a deep X in the top of each, making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom. With fingertips, gently spread each fig apart to make "petals."
- In small bowl, combine ricotta and almonds. With back of spoon, press mashed fig mixture through sieve into 1 cup measure.
- To serve, spoon ricotta mixture into figs. Arrange figs on platter. Drizzle with fig honey.
Share this article