Sorbet Terrine with Plum Compote
- 1 pint(s) mango sorbet
- 2/3cup(s) amaretti cookie crumbs
- 1 pint(s) chocolate-chip ice cream
- 1 pint(s) raspberry sorbet
- 1 1/2pound(s) (about 6) ripe plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/4cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Prepare sorbet terrine: Remove mango sorbet from freezer; let stand 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, line 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/4-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting plastic wrap extend over sides and ends. Spread mango sorbet into prepared pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with half of crumbs. Freeze until sorbet is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Repeat with ice cream and remaining crumbs; return pan to freezer for about 30 minutes. Top with raspberry sorbet, then wrap terrine with plastic wrap; freeze overnight.
- Prepare plum compote: In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse plums until chopped. In 3-quart saucepan, combine plums and sugar; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, until plums soften and sauce thickens, stirring often. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate, at least 2 hours or up to 1 week. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- To serve, unwrap terrine and invert onto platter; discard plastic. With knife run under hot water, lice terrine. Serve with compote.
Each serving terrine: About 170 calories, 2 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g total fat (2 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 8 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium.
Each tablespoon plum compote: About 20 calories, 0 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 g total fat, 0 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium.
Share this article