3 cups flour
1 -1 1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 tablespoons oil
1.* Combine the flour, oil and salt in deep bowl; add the water gently using your fingers Knead the dough until it turns very smooth for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. * Brush with oil, cover and set aside for half an hour.
3. * Divide the dough into 8 large balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a rough circle about 8 inches in diameter.
4. * Brush oil on one side of the sabaayad and spread evenly fold to edges in to meet center fold, fold the other edges in, you should now have a square fold, set a side. Finish until you have applied the same method to all the pieces.
5. * Again on a floured surface roll each piece out into a circle and place it on a hot griddle over medium heat.
6. * Fry the sabaayad one at a time with little oil, turning them once each side is golden brown.
7. * The sabaayad will puff slightly and become crisp and brown. Drain the sabaayad on paper towels and serve warm.
Share this article