Red Fruit Napoleons
Serves: 8 Edit
- 1 pound(s) strawberries
- 1 cup(s) raspberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 3 ounce(s) white chocolate, chopped
- .5 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 24 very thin oval waffle-shaped butter wafer cookies
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Reserve 8 small strawberries for garnish. Hull and slice remaining strawberries. In medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries, raspberries, and granulated sugar. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow juices to run.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe medium bowl, heat chocolate in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes; stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- In small bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat heavy cream and sour cream until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula, gently fold cream mixture into white chocolate just until combined.
- To serve, on each of 8 dessert plates, place 1 cookie; top with half of cream and fruit mixtures. Repeat layering. Top with remaining cookies; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if you like. Garnish with strawberries.
Share this article