Preparation is the first stage of breastfeeding
This is the time for you to:
- learn about the importance of breastfeeding
- build support networks with family/wh?nau, the community and health practitioners to support your breastfeeding
- learn about how to breastfeed and build your confidence to breastfeed
- commit to breastfeeding before your baby’s birth – put it in the birth plan.
Why prepare for breastfeeding?
- It’s the best start for a baby.
- Knowing what to expect will make breastfeeding less daunting, and more likely to be successful.
- Having people organised to help out will mean you can concentrate on getting breastfeeding established.
Share this article