Persian Raisin Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sultanas or 1 1/2 cups raisins
1. Cream butter and sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
2. Add vanilla, saffron and salt. Beat to blend. On low speed, beat in flour until moistened.
3. Stir in raisins.
4. Scoop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls.
5. Roll 1 to 1-1/4-inch balls. Place balls 3 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Bake one batch at a time in centre of preheated 350F oven until browned at the edges and golden on top, 12 to 14 minutes.
Share this article