Persian Cookies (Nane Shirini)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 235.
2. In a large bowl, sift or mix with a fork, 2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, cream thoroughly 1 cup of shortening and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
4. Blend in 2 egg yolks, vanilla extract, almond extract, and lemon extract. Mix well.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until dough is well blended.
6. Roll dough into round balls with hands, using about 1 level teaspoon of dough for each ball.
7. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
Share this article