1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, egg, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves until smooth.
2. Stir in the flour.
3. Scrape out the dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into a disk, using the wrap, not your fingers.
4. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick. Using a cutters cut into desired shapes. Space each cookie 1 inch apart.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to racks to cool.
Yields: 2 dozen
Share this article