Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
3 cups oats (not instant)
1 1/2 cups raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
4. To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
6. (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
7. Fill a #40 cookie scoop and press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough (to measure 2 tablespoons of dough).
8. Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
9. Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
10. Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Share this article