Middle Eastern Tahini Salad
2 tomatoes (cut into small or medium cubes)
2 cucumbers (cut into small or medium cubes)
1 garlic clove (finely smash)
1 cup tahini
1 lemon, juice of
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon dried mint
olive oil (to garnish)
hot serrano peppers (optional) or jalapeno pepper (optional)
1. *May need to adjust tahini and water levels to desired consistency*. Consistency should be creamy.
2. Dice up tomatoes and cucumbers and combine them together in a medium bowl.
3. Place garlic, hot pepper and salt in a mortar.
4. Smash until mushed.
5. Tahini dressing takes a bit of stirring to become creamy so, you can either add tahini,and water in a bowl by itself and mix or you can add to the same bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
6. Add lemon in increments to achieve desired tartness.
7. Stir the dressing until smooth and creamy.
8. combine everything including garlic/hot pepper together making sure you have added the mint.
9. Take tbsp of dried mint, Place in hand and take other hand and rub together, this will sort of grind the mint up smaller and separate it from any stems.
10. Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
11. Serve with a swirl of olive oil on top.
Share this article