Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 egg whites
1 tbl. applesauce
1 (12-oz.) pkg. reduced-fat chocolate chips (or carob chips)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the butter spread, sugars and vanilla. Beat with mixer until creamy.
3. Add the egg whites and applesauce and beat well.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring well to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely on cooling rack.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.ra
Share this article