Lebanese Rose Drink
2 cups white sugar
1 cup water
1/2 lemon, juice strained
pink food coloring, few drops (I say optional)
1/3 cup rose water
1. Put sugar and water into a pan and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil and add lemon juice.
3. Boil without stirring, for 10 minutes, skimming when necessary.
4. Add colouring to syrup to achieve a deep pink - it will be lighter when diluted later.
5. Add rose water and boil 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat, cool, bottle and seal.
6. To serve, put 2-3 tbs syrup or to taste, in a glass (I use more but maybe my glasses are big) then fill with iced water.
Share this article