Kiwi-Lime Ice Pops
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring, (optional)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Pour water into a small saucepan, add sugar, lime zest and ginger. Stir over high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Stir in lime juice and food coloring, if using.
- Line 8 individual frozen-treat molds or small (2-ounce) paper cups with slices of kiwi, pressing them onto the sides so they are close together but not overlapping. Fill each mold or cup with the lime mixture.
- Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Share this article