Abu Hashim al-Ja’fari narrated the resorting of Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) in many narrations. Here we mention them:
1. Abu Hashim al-Ja’fari said, ‘Muhammad bin Abu Hamza and I visited Abul Hasan (al-Hadi) when he was ill. He said to us, ‘Send some men to al-Ha’ir (Kerbala; where Imam al-Husayn (a.s.) was buried) at my expense!’ When we left him, Muhammad bin Hamza said to me, ‘Does he send us to al-Ha’ir while he himself has the same position of the one (Imam Husayn) who is in a-Ha’ir?!’
Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) had the same position his grandfather Imam Husayn (a.s.) had. He was an infallible Imam like him that Allah had kept away the uncleanness from him and purified him a thorough purifying. Abu Hashim was affected by the saying of Muhammad bin Hamza and so he went to Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) and told him that. Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) said to him, ‘It is not so. Allah has some places that He likes to be worshipped in, and al-Ha’ir of al-Husayn is one of those places.’35
2. Abu Hashim Said, “I visited Abul Hasan ‘Ali bin Muhammad when he was ill. He said to me, ‘O Abu Hashim, send a man from our mawali to al-Ha’ir to pray Allah for me!’
When Abu Hashim left, he met ‘Ali bin Bilal in the street. He told him about the Imam and asked him to travel to Kerbala to pray for the Imam. ‘Ali was astonished and he said, ‘I hear and obey! But I say: he is better than al-Ha’ir.36 He has the same position of that one (Imam al-Husayn) in al-Ha’ir, and his praying for himself is better than my praying for him.’
Abu Hashim went and told Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) what ‘Ali bin Bilal said. Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) said, ‘The messenger of Allah (SwT) was better than the House (the Kaaba) and the (black) Rock, but he circumambulated the House and kissed the Rock. Allah the Almighty has places that He likes to be worshipped in, and He responds to whoever prays Him there. Al-Ha’ir is one of those places…’37
In another tradition Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) said, ‘Allah the Almighty has assigned from His earth some places called al-Marhumat (mercified). He likes to be invoked in them and He responds.’38
3. Abu Hashim said, ‘Abul Hasan (a.s.), when he was ill, sent for me and for Muhammad bin Hamza, who preceded me to him. He told me that Imam al-Hadi (a.s.) still said, ‘Send (someone) to al-Ha’ir!’ I said to Muhammad, ‘Did you not say to him that I would go to al-Ha’ir?’ I said to the Imam, ‘May I die for you, I go to al-Ha’ir.’ He said, ‘Think of that!’ Then he said, ‘Muhammad has no secret from Zayd bin ‘Ali (he does not believe in the doctrine of Zayd) and I do not want him to hear that.’
I mentioned that to ‘Ali bin Bilal and he said, ‘What shall he do with al-Ha’ir whereas he himself is al-Ha’ir?’ I went to al-Askar (Samarra’) and visited him (Imam al-Hadi). When I wanted to leave, he asked me to sit down. When I saw him feel at ease with me, I remembered the saying of ‘Ali bin Bilal and mentioned it to him.
He said to me, ‘You might say to him that the messenger of Allah (SwT) circumambulated the House and kissed the Rock, and the sanctity of the Prophet (S) and the believers is greater than the sanctity of the House. Allah ordered him (the Prophet) to stop at Arafa which is but a place that Allah likes to be mentioned in. So I like to be prayed for me where Allah likes to be called on. And al-Ha’ir is one of those places.’39
Imam al-Husayn (a.s.) is dear and beloved to Allah. He defended the religion of Allah by his life and blood and offered his children, family, and companions as pure sacrifices for the sake of Allah. He faced misfortunes and disasters that no reformer in the earth had ever faced.
Allah had endowed Imam Husayn (a.s.) with charismata that He had not endowed anyone of His guardians with except his grandfather (the Prophet) and father (Imam ‘Ali). In this world Allah has given him dignity and honor that no man has ever been given. Allah has made his holy shrine as a resort for the yearning, and a shelter for the distressed, and honored the shrine by responding to the prayer under its dome, and in the afterworld he shall be an obeyed intercessor and Allah will endowed him with dignity and honor that no eye has ever seen and no ear has ever heard like it.
35. Kamil az-Ziyarat, p.273, Mazar al-Bihar, p.141.
36. He meant the holy place where Imam al-Husayn (a.s) was buried
37. Kamil az-Ziyarat, p.274, Mazar al-Bihar p.141
38. Wassa’il ash-Shi’a, vol.3 p.570.
39. Kamil az-Ziyarat, Furu’ (branches of) al-Kafi, vol.4 p.567