Healthy Diet Tips - Fruits
- Always have a bowl of fruit in your house making it easy to snack on or to grab a fruit on your way out the door. A bowl of fruit also makes a nice table centerpiece.
- Buying fruits that are in season are usually the most affordable and the most delicious.
- Dried and canned fruits are good to have on hand so you always have a supply of fruit. Avoid buying canned fruits that are stored in syrup. Instead, try to buy canned fruits that are stored in fruit juice or water.
- Try to eat mostly whole or freash cut-up fruit. Don't consume too many fruit juices, especially those that have mostly added sugars.
- Always keep your eye peeled for a good deal on bags of oranges and grapefruits. These are great to eat whole or make fresh juice from.
- Vary your fruit choices because different fruits offer different nutrients.
- Fruits that are high in potassium are great choices. Fruits that are high in potassium include bananas, dried peaches and apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, oranges and prunes.
- Top your breakfast cereal with cut-up fruits such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apricots or peaches.
- Don't forget that fruit makes a wonderful dessert. Try a mix of your favorite berries on top of plain yogurt. Add a few nuts for extra flavor and texture.
- Baked apples or pears can also be a wonderful dessert.
- Fruit salad is a great snack to have on hand in your refrigerator at home or at the office.
- Let raisins satisfy your next sweet-tooth.
Share this article