Green Peppermint & Chocolate Loaf Dessert
2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 (4 1/2 ounce) container Cool Whip or 1 envelope Dream Whip topping mix, prepared with
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 Oreo cookies, crushed fine
1. Dissolve Jello in 2 cups boiling water.
2. Add 2 cups cold water and peppermint.
3. Chill 1½ hours.
4. Pour 1-3/4 cup of the gelatin into the bottom of a 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan and chill approximately 15 minute Blend the topping into the rest of the gelatin and spoon 1/3 of mixture into the pan.
5. Sprinkle with half of the Oreo crumbs.
6. Add another layer of topping-Jello mixture, another sprinkling of cookies and end with the rest of the topping-Jello mixture.
7. Chill at least 4 hours until thoroughly set.
9. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
10. Optional: just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle more crumbs over the top.
11. To serve, cut into approximately 1-inch-wide slices.
Share this article