Ghusl of Janabah
1. Remove the najaasa from the body (e.g. semen)
2. Niyya (wajib qurbatan ilallah) – wajib
3. Wash the hands up to the elbow 3 times – mustahab
4. Gargle 3 times – mustahab
5. Wash the head down to the neck – wajib
6. Wipe your hands on the face and neck and comb hair with your fingers whilst washing – mustahab
7. Wash the right side of the body from the shoulders to the feet – wajib
8. Include some part of the left side also. Whilst washing wipe the body with your hands - mustahab.
9. Wash the left side of the body from the shoulders to the feet – wajib
10. Include some part of the right side whilst washing wipe the body with your handsmustahab It is mustahab for men to do istibraa before doing ghusl. In the present context it means urinating.
The benefit of istibraa is that if a liquid is discharged after ghusl, and the man doubts whether it is urine or semen, he will have to redo ghusl if he has not done istibraa. If he has done istibraa then he just has to do wudhoo for his salaa.
Adapted from the book: "Nikah & Beyond" by: "qfatima.com"
Share this article