1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
dates (anything you want to put in the middle, Coconut, nuts, colored sugar, candies, chocolate pieces)
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons light cream or 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, vanilla, and, if desired, a few drops of food coloring.
3. Work in salt and flour until dough holds together.
4. If dough is dry, mix in 1 to 2 Tbsp light cream.
5. Mold dough by tablespoonfuls around date, nut, candy, cherry, or a few chocolate pieces.
6. Roll into balls.
7. Place cookies about 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes until set but not brown.
9. Prepare icing by mixing confectioners sugar with light cream or milk and vanilla until smooth.
10. If desired, stir in a few drops of food coloring.
11. For a tasty chocolate icing, increase light cream to 3 tbsp and stir in 1 oz melted unsweetened chocolate.
12. Let cookies cool, then dip tops of cookies into icing several times to get a good layer.
13. If desired, immediately decorate with coconut, nuts, colored sugar, candies, chocolate pieces or chocolate shot.
14. Makes 20 to 25 cookies.
15. Variations: Brown Sugar Galaxy Cookies: Substitute 1/2 c brown sugar (packed) for the confectioners' sugar and omit food color.
16. Chocolate Galaxy Cookies: Omit food color and stir in 1 oz melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled) into butter mixture.
Share this article