Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake
6 eggs separated
1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp cornflour
150 g dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp water
600ml thickened cream
450g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
1 tbsp coffee (dilluted with 3 tbsp warm water and1 tbsp sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease a 20cm springfoam pan; line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy; transfer to large bowl. Fold in combined sifted cocoa powder and cornflour, then chocolate; fold in the water.
3. Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites, in two batches at a time, into chocolate mixture. Spread mixture into prepared pan; bake in moderate oven about 15minutes. Turn cake onto wire rack. Cover with baking paper; cool to room temperature.
4. Combine cream and extra chocolate in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer to large bowl; refrigerate until just cold.
5. Add the coffee mixture; beat with electric mixer until changes to a paler colour. Pour mixture into prepared tin; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
Share this article