Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Sift together flour, soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together shortening and sugars; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir in hot water, vanilla and flour mixture.
5. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
6. Drop from a teaspoon onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.
Share this article