Chicken Tikka Masala
+ 1 kg chicken
+ Chicken Tikka Powder (I used SHAN brand)
+ 6 tablespoon Yoghurt
+ 1 teaspoon Ginger
+ 1 teaspoon Garlic
+ Juice of half lemon
+ 1 Onion (sliced)
+ Potatoes (optional)
+ 1 cup water
- Marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic, yoghurt and lemon overnight. It has to be left marinated at least 6 hours before you start cooking it!
- Heat oil and fry chicken till half cook. Leave aside.
- Using only 1 tablespoon of oil from the fried chicken, add in the onions and fry until brown and fragrant.
- Then put in the chicken, 1 cup of water and potatoes; and cook until potatoes are well done which is roughly about 15 minutes.
- You may add more water if you want more sauce or add more yoghurt if you like it mild. I like mine dry and spicy with only a bit of sauce!
Share this article