Chewy Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (1 1/2 c.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
8 ounces unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6 ounces dried cranberries (1 1/3 c.)
5 ounces chopped pecans (about 1 c.)
1. Oven to 350 degrees F.
2. (if baking right away).
3. Line sheet pans with parchment.
4. Mix the dry ingredients together, then stir in the oats.
5. Set aside.
6. Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
7. Add the eggs, then scrape down the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended.
8. Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating each until well combined.
9. Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
10. At this point, you can either bake, or freeze.
11. To freeze, just scrape the dough onto plastic wrap, roll into a log, wrap tightly, and freeze until ready to bake.
12. Then just take them out of the freezer, let sit for about 15 minutes, then slice into 3/16" thick slices and bake as directed.
13. To bake immediately: drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined sheet pans.
14. Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet; about 9-11 minutes.
15. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Share this article