Best Darn Sugar Cookies Ever
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (NOT olive oil!)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 1/8 cups flour
1. Cream sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and oil.
2. Then cream in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl mix baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
4. Start adding dry ingredients to creamed ingredients less than 1 cup at a time.
5. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
6. Drop 1-2" balls on the cookie sheet.
7. If you would like, you can flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar.
8. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are browned.
9. You can also sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar, colored sugar sprinkles, etc.
Share this article