Bedouin Fresh Date Sweet (Rangina) (Gluten Free)
7 fresh dates (depending on size, I have used sweetened al-noor dates of Tunisia which are normally soaked in corn )
4 1/2 tablespoons butter (a guess, please add as needed to a consistency of a thick sauce)
3 1/2 tablespoons finely ground rice flour or 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 dashes freshly ground cardamom
1. Remove pits from the dates and arrange on small plate.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
3. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until the flour turns a light- medium golden brown.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cardamom.
5. Allow to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
6. While still pretty warm pour over the dates and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
7. Serve with coffee, or tea if preferred.
Share this article