BBQ Baked Beans & Sausage
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce, (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped collard greens, (about 10 ounces), tough stems removed
- 9 ounces cooked chicken sausage links, (about 3 links), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern or navy beans, rinsed
- Whisk barbecue sauce, water, tomato paste, molasses, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and collard greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until the collards are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add beans and the sauce mixture to the pan. Gently stir to combine, cover and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Share this article