2 bananas, peeled and sliced in thick circular pieces
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Peel and slice your bananas in small pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, milk, sugar, beaten egg, baking powder and oil as directed.
3. Mix well until you get a thick mixture.
4. Slide all your chopped banana pieces into this mixture.
5. Take a deep frying saucepan or wok. Make sure you heat about half a cup of oil to the saucepan so the dumplings fry well.
6. Keep the stove on medium to high heat.
7. Using a tablespoon or wooden spoon, pick each banana piece from the bowl and pour directly into the hot oil. A little bit of the mixture will spread around the banana piece and that's good.
8. Turn each dumpling after 1-2 minutes of deep frying so both sides are done well.
9. As soon as the dumplings are golden brown, drain them on paper towel and serve hot with tea or coffee!
Share this article